The term FLATSIGNED was coined by Stephen King to describe the most desirable type of collectible book. FLATSIGNED means - Signed by the author, directly on the title page without being inscribed to some stranger. Not signed on some bookplate then stuck to your book!! Tim has been collecting books all his life and began his large collection in its current form over 10 years ago. He started using the term FLATSIGNED when he began selling his books on the Internet. The word has since become a popular term for describing these desirable books. The web site for Flatsigned.com was started in April 2000.
We have only one guiding principle in our business and that is to deliver only the very best products possible with absolute customer satisfaction backed by an iron-clad guarantee. Let us know how we can best serve your needs.
You may place private bids on any books you see on our site. Any serious offers will be given consideration. Free and other low-cost special offers can be found on this site and are also posted on the individual auction pages. Shipping charges are determined by the methods detailed below. Your satisfaction is guaranteed by our iron-clad return policy.
Store Hours of Operation are:
Monday through Thursday - 9:00 am to 5:00 pm CENTRAL TIME
Except for large orders and scheduled appointments, we are closed Saturdays and Sundays. Email is almost always answered within 60 minutes between 9 AM and midnight. Other hours by appointment.
Proper Book Care
• The big things to keep away from books are direct sunlight, moisture, pets, people and dirt. Dirt can come from people, pets and even ordinary house dust. While holding your rare books is part of the joy of collecting, keep in mind that you should be careful to minimize contact with dirty hands and pets for obvious reasons.
• Moisture is harmful to collectible books. Even high humidity levels in the air can damage the condition of rare books. If you live in areas where typical humidity in the air is above 50% then you should consider using a dehumidifier to reduce the amount of moisture in the air.
• Direct sunlight can also fade books and their covers as well as increasing what is called "spotting" or "foxing." This occurs when sunlight and air come into contact with acid used to produce books. This is not so much a problem with newer books which are printed with acid-free materials.
• Using protective covers like Mylars or Brodarts to cover the dustjackets of your book covers has been affective at protecting the value of your investment in rare, collectible books.
• Damage to books can occur when they’re taken off the shelf. Do not pull a book out using the top of the spine. Instead push back the books on either side slightly, grasp the book in the center on both sides of the spine, and pull straight out.
• Hold books firmly closed and wipe off with a dry, soft cloth or magnetic wiping cloth, or vacuum with a brush attachment when dust is extensive. Brush away from the spine.
• Covers and edges of books can be carefully brushed or vacuumed with very low suction. If pieces of the cover are loosened, be sure to save all fragments for conservation. Every small piece of a dustjacket is part of the value of your book and cover.
• Remove any acidic inserts like bookmarks, paper scraps, or pressed flowers and place in an acid-free folder. Maintain these items with the catalog records.
• Store volumes of similar size together to discourage warping and distortion.
Any book may be returned in same condition within 7 days for a full refund minus shipping. If there was a problem with a description that we failed to explain, we will also pay for all shipping costs, both ways, with our sincere apologies. We do a volume business and occasionally let price-clipped jackets or remainder marked books out without explanation. In these and similar cases we pay all costs of returns. We want you to be satisfied with every purchase. If we make the mistake, we will refund 100% of what you paid and even reimburse you for 100% of your reasonable return postage costs. If you make the mistake, you pay only for the cost to return and twenty percent to restock.
Shipping and handling charges are $10.50 for the first book (unless really heavy) and $2.00 for each additional item within the US. We exclusively use Priority USPS unless requested to do otherwise. WE SPECIALIZE IN SHIPPING ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD! We are now charging a low flat rate of $35.00 for the first book to ship anywhere in the world outside the US. Additional books will still be charged at the low $2.00 flat rate. Obviously large items and framed artwork will have to be charged a custom rate based upon our costs to your location from Nashville. You will be notified if shipping charges will vary from the above and be given the opportunity to adjust your order accordingly before shipment.
Please feel free to call me at anytime, during regular hours at 615-268-5245. If you promise to order a thousand dollar book or books, call anytime, 24 hours a day! I am in the office from 9am until 5pm, Monday-Thursday and try to avoid working on Friday. I do work on weekends but that is usually just to catch up. If you want to place a large order, call me Saturday or Sunday too!
For All Orders Please Call Direct To The Number Below
FlatSigned Rare Books & The FlatSigned Press
Tim Miller, Chairman of the Board
You may also contact us directly from this website. If you want to request a special title, place a bid on any book on this site, or just send us comments or other questions, submit the form below.
To anyone who is unfamiliar with our business practices, we urge you to look over our THOUSANDS OF FEEDBACK RECOMMENDATIONS posted from OUR WONDERFUL CUSTOMERS who have bought books from us in the past. This reputation was built from years of excellent customer service and we intend to maintain this for YOU too!
This site has been created by FinalFrontier Internet and all aspects of the design and coding are copyright by HEI, the parent company. All rights reserved. Textual and informational content (which are NOT the intellectual property of others) copyright by flatsigned.com. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Intellectual property and trademarks of third parties have been used with the owner's permission and neither flatsigned.com nor the developer HEI make any claims to these images, videos, and textual content.
The following disclaimer applies:
ALL MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL FLATSIGNED, FINAL FRONTIER, HEI, OR ANY ENTITY CONNECTED WITH THIS WEB SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS EVEN IF INFORMED OF SUCH A POSSIBILITY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN.
The information presented on this site could contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. We reserve the right to make changes to any materials on these pages and to make improvements and/or changes in the products, programs, and services described, at any time and without notice.